This study has a relatively satisfactory level of evidence because it is :
- a prospective longitudinal cohort
- with exposed / unexposed comparison
- matching on different confounding factors
However, there are a few limitations to note:
- a quite low number of patients: 123, 44 affected by SARS-CoV-2
- a limited follow-up period of 36 days
- an overall historical pairing (few pairings possible in the same period)
- collection of complications with non-validated classifications in all subspecialties.
bibliovid.org and its content are bibliovid property.