11,544 people tested, 5,566 (48.2%) positive.
Cohort of 5,279 people included (94.8% of positive people) (median age 54 years, 49.5% men, 22.6% with diabetes, 35.3% with obesity, 52.1% with cardiovascular pathology).
Of the 2,741 (51.9%) people admitted to hospital :
The risk of hospitalization was associated with :
The risk of serious illness was increased with :
However, the following factors were more strongly associated with a severe form than age or comorbidities :
The risk of serious illness decreased significantly over the study period.
- Prospective cohort study, in a New York City health system, n=5,279
- Data for the study were obtained from the electronic health record, which includes data on inpatient and outpatient visits to the health care system.
- Possible admissions to other centers, re-admissions or deaths not included in the study
- No clinical or biological data in positive patients followed on an outpatient basis.
- No biology protocol on admission at the beginning of the epidemic
- Change in the conditions for carrying out the tests: after 16 March, only nasopharyngeal PCR will be carried out by the healthcare system, a new PCR device will be added on 31 March, from 26 March, restriction of the tests previously carried out on mild or moderate forms.
- 172 patients still hospitalized (3.3% of cohort, 6.3% of inpatients)
bibliovid.org and its content are bibliovid property.